Prev: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: RE: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)

Re: Worried about GenCon.

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:49:31 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Worried about GenCon.

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Well, over here EuroGenCon is our only sizeable RPG show, but we have
> load of wargame shows of varying sizes. EGC is usually around
1500-2000
> attendees,

Interesting... the Finnish RopeCon (http://www.hut.fi/~ropecon --
hmmm...
it seems the English info pages are not up yet) rates about 1000-1500
(for
a three-day period), and it still seems to be growing. Then again, it's
the only con we have...

> Our smaller shows are usually 300-500 people, but the stands tend to
only
> cost £20 - £50 and we can still take a proportionate amount per head
of
> customers.

When I was running Finnish Roleplayers' Association (89-92 or so),
50-100
was a good attendance. Things have definitely exploded since.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: RE: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)