Prev: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 07:26:05 -0600
Subject: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> Jon, CE did it right.  You're wrong in MT for making fighters move
> before ships.  Why???  How agile is a ship?	How agile is a fighter?
> Get the picture?  Fighters are fighters because they are so fast and
> agile that they operate inside the descion loop of starships.  They
can
> see what a starship is doing and then change their course and speed to
> chase it down.  You should have made other changes if fighters are out
> of hand.  This also applies to missiles.

	Ahhhh... But there is a question of game balance.  A couple of
well-placed fighter groups can obliterate escort vessels and seriously
cripple a medium to large ships.  Having the fighters move before the
ships will balance out the destructive capabilites of fighters by having
them have to "guess" where the ships are moving.
	If I remember correctly, Jon gave a pretty good technical
explanation
of why fighters can move before ships.	For the life of me I can't
remember what it was.  Does anyone care to refresh my memory?

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon