Prev: Re: Fantasy Partizan @ Newark (UK) Next: Re: Fantasy Partizan @ Newark (UK)

RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:28:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Glover, Owen wrote:

> an ambush. As you have said the Platoon Commander communication pretty
> well covers most instances. However in a Platoon Ambush (linear or
area)
> the impact of the full firepower of two or three squads is not
reflected
> by two squads firing sequentially. And a little unfairly, the target

Define how the full impact of that mass of firepower is not represented,
if you will.  There are twice the chances for casualties and, as noted
before, two opportunities to /fail/ the morale check.

> squad has to take two Confidence checks if it takes casualties in both
> combats (depending on MM)!

This folds into the above in making sequential attacks more effective.
Should my single Squad take fire from a mass of three opposed Squads, I
know I'm going to be /far/ more likely to turn and run ...

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: Fantasy Partizan @ Newark (UK) Next: Re: Fantasy Partizan @ Newark (UK)