Prev: RE: The Trojan Point Incident Next: Re:DS2 VTOL vs ADS

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Fabet <Fabet@a...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 01:14:55 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

<< >>But we did have a quesiton. A VTOL in High mode with GMS/H (range
48")
 >>can strike any Air Defence Unit without fear of the Air Defence
System
 >>(range 36"). Did we miss something? Are there suggestions on how to
 >>resolve this?
 >
 >	  Yes the VTOL is immune from the Air Defense System...  His
GMSs are
 >subject to Air Defense and Point Defense fire.  I reccommend that you
buy
 >the GMS/air that I posted a while back, or a VTOL with a weapon to
engage
 >the other VTOL...

On a modern battlefield A/C flying in the equvilent of high mode is the
target
of other aircraft or heavy AAM that cover the battle area from the rear
area
(such as HAWK or Patriot).

Prehaps a off the board AAM capability is in order. Treat them as GMSs
that
may strike at anything in high mode on the table top.

Alternatively a new weapon system might be needed. AAMs may attack A/C
in high
mode. Agaist A/C red, yellow and green chits count. If used agaist
ground
targets only green count. AAM/L is size 1, has a range of 48" and pulls
2
chits. AAM/H is size 2 has a range of 72" and pulls 3 chits.

Prev: RE: The Trojan Point Incident Next: Re:DS2 VTOL vs ADS