Prev: RE: Skirmish FMA? Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

Re: Paintball (was: age...)

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:24:20 -0600
Subject: Re: Paintball (was: age...)

At 15:16 1/27/98, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
>Interesting fact: The Finnish version of baseball was developed to
teach
>the youth useful martial skills like throwing grenades, diving for
cover
>etc. This is a widely known fact, yet do they call baseball a fascist
>neo-nazi wargame? Nope...

Another bit of trivia: the Boy Scouts were originally organized as an
auxiliary to the regular army. No one seems to remember that, either. :)

>Yes, paintball could be classified as a wargame, but so could be chess.
>As long as the media doesn't call chess a wargame, I think it's better
>not call paintball either.

Oh, I agree with you there, certainly.

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: RE: Skirmish FMA? Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS