Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: NOT Re[2]: Age and Complexity

NOT: Age and Complexity

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:08:00 +0100
Subject: NOT: Age and Complexity

Winchell wrote:

> Well, I did my bit to try and pass the torch.
>
> I have a nephew, which my sister describes as being
> just like me.
>
> So, recently when they visited, I arrived with presents.
>
> <whip out a copy of Starfire>

3rd (1992) edition? <g>

> Here is a neat-o keen-o game about interstellar battlefleets
> having galactic wars.  It so impressed an SF author named
> David Weber...
>
> <whip out a copy of Weber & White's novel CRUSADE>
> ...that he wrote this book.  It so impressed the
> makers of Starfire...
>
> <whip out a copy of the Crusade supplement for Starfire>
> ...that they made it into an expansion of the Starfire game.

<g> Wellll... I don't remember when Crusade was published, but
Insurrection
was published in 1990; by then Weber had already written (most of or
all,
I'm not sure) the "official" background universe for the game. He also
wrote/edited and playtested the 1992 edition (and Imperial Starfire),
and
he _also_ wrote the Crusade scenario book. And ISW4 (half of which is
featured in "In Death Ground", by D.M.Weber).

It would be a shame if Weber didn't manage to impress himself ;-)

But I must admit that your presentation was far more dramatic than the
truth ;-)

I hope your nephew likes the game, BTW! If so, thanks for recruiting
him!
:-)

Oerjan Ohlson
Starfire Design Studio

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: NOT Re[2]: Age and Complexity