Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: RE: Age and Complexity

Re: Age and Complexity

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 16:57:12 GMT
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 01:09:50 +1000, Alan E & Carmel J Brain
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> wrote:

>Age 39, Married, no kids, 2 dogs. Started playing with a copy of the
>Donald Featherstone rules in 1971.

Hmm. It appears that I haven't given my own wargaming "curriculum
vitae".

Age 35, married (12 years), no kids, one dog. Started wargaming when I
was about 11. I graduated from playing with GI Joe Action Team figures
to wargames with the help of some old Airfix Napoleonic highlanders
versus a mixed bag of French using some atrociously simple rules. (I
was outnumbered but my opponent came at me in three waves; I won.)
From there I graduated to Featherstone's and Grant's books, mainly
because they were the only books I could get. My first board game was
_Panzer Leader_ which I got for my 13th birthday. Two years later I
played my first game of D&D. The game I play most often right now is
some variation of Call of Cthulhu, as that's what my social group is
into.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: nil."

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: RE: Age and Complexity