Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)

Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)

From: Fabet <Fabet@a...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 10:16:45 EST
Subject: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)

<< >	 Bad news for the bad guys, the HARM not only locks onto the
 >source, but it remembers where it is, so even if the source goes
 >away the missile never forgets.  Sort of like being stepped on
 >by an elephant!!

 Yes but we are assuming that the source does not move.  If you are
trying
 to hit a radar system on a ship and the ship no longer radiates and
then
 moves, remembering the location does not help much.

ALARM can deal with this since it loiters. This is especially effective
agains
against modern SP AAM systems. It does however, have a limited duration.
But
the results is the same, weither the opponents radars is off or
destroyed: its
no longer operational.

Its a system that could be of great use in DSII.

In Full Thrust the loiter time would not be limited (no parachutes, no
gravity). It would mean launching a missle that would stay motionless on
the
tabletop until a designated target (or target of similiar profile
becomes
active). It could be interesting, but it could also open up a whole new
bag of
cheese.

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)