Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Valiant Miniatures?

Re: Complexity/Campaigns

From: Winchell Chung <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 06:42:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> Everything you want has already been done in a MetaGaming classic
still
> available from Avalon Hill called "Stellar Conquest."

	*Sigh* Memories, ah, memories!

	Stellar Conquest was my *first* SF boardgame, back in
	1972.  It came in a manila envelope.  It is still
	a classic.

	It was the inspiration for several computer games,
	most notably Reach For The Stars and Master of Orion.

	My other most favorite game from the period is
	the classic TRIPLANETARY, with newtonian vector
	movement by drawing vectors on the hex grid
	with an erasable china-writer pencil.

	Many people have tried to combine the two.

      * A B S I T * I N V I D I A * V E R B O ** I D E M * S O N A N S *

-----+
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/home.html |
nyrath@clark.net |
|  /_\	| Death before dishonor, but neither before breakfast.

| <(*)> |

|/_/|\_\|

| //|\\ |

-----+

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Valiant Miniatures?