Prev: B5 half-spoilers, was Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's Next: RE: B5 half-spoilers, was Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's

True Confessions, was: Age and Complexity

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:53:27 -0800
Subject: True Confessions, was: Age and Complexity

And for the next episode of "True Confessions of the Gamer" we have:

John Leary, age 52, married (wife 42), Son (age 3).
     Wife is loving and a less than perfect housekeeper.
     Son is both our dreams come true, one might even say
a living 'fantasy' dream child.
     I make a living testing Solar Arrays for various
customers.

     Started gaming with chess, lost interest when the boardgames
started to come out.	 I have never lost a game of AH 'D-Day',
either version, either side.
     Started into miniatures by Charles Tarbox, co-author of the
'Empire III' Napoleonic rules.	 Trained as a cavelry commander,
I have been able to demonstrate more than passing success against
a number of foes.
     Drifted into 'Mustangs and Messerschmitts' as soon as it
came out, (WWII fighters being my real love), gave up trying to
'fix' the authors prejudice for german aircraft (the ME109),
went off and constructed new data sets for more than 600
aircraft. (and subtypes)
     Now that I am starting to ramble on, I'll cut it short.
Still do D+D, did Warhammer (The hardbound edition, good rules
if one took time to read them), the next Warhammer (the game for
the tactically deprived).   I have now advanced into the ranks
of the Full Thrust group.
     I have created two new races for the FT game, and I am
currently trying one out in a campaign.

Bye for now,
John L.