Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: RE: B5W mini's AND EFSB AND (about) B5 spoilers?

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:10:20 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

Excerpts from FT: 22-Jan-98 Re: Age and Complexity by Andy
Skinner@avs.com
> I'm 33 with two kids, 5 and 3.

Cute kids, too, though I haven't seen 'em in a while. ^_^

Anyway, down to my main point in this post (I'm only 22, no kids, no GF,
so I don't *quite* have the same worries as most of ya!):

> I do wonder if there will be an end to this hobby, when I can't find
> anyone my age to play.  Most of the people I know are from work
> (I don't know any gamers there) or church (don't think many would
> be interested).  The two guys I'm playing games with now are both
> younger than me, so maybe I've got some time while they're available.
> But when I'm older and my kids are gone, and I have more time on my
> hands, will I be able to find an opponent?

You might try asking around hobby shops in the area about gaming clubs.
I don't think you ever got the the Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Society,
but there were certainly a lot of older guys there -- mostly historical
gamers, but that seems to be a general rule for PA anyway.  (Or eastern
PA, maybe.  Or maybe someone'll just flame me, whatever. ^_^ )	I don't
quite remember where you are (my mind is thinking either Massachusetts
or Connecticut...) but you might just sit down with a yellow pages and
call around, or else do some web searching -- that's how I found the
EPGS in the first place.

And that's my contribution to a side issue.... ^_^

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: RE: B5W mini's AND EFSB AND (about) B5 spoilers?