Prev: Re: Valiant Miniatures? Next: RE: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's

Re: EFSB

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:03:03 -0500
Subject: Re: EFSB

Jim 'Jiji' Foster wrote:

> At 20:51 1/20/98, Winchell Chung wrote:
> >I'm going to be playing a few games of EFSB along
> >side some games of B5 Wars, but just by reading
> >the rule books I'm already biased in favor of EFSB.
>
> For the sake of those of us not flush enough to buy both, could you
give a
> rundown of how B5 Wars works? I've yet to meet anyone who owns, let
alone
> plays it....

I've played B5 Wars alot.  You roll dice to hit, you roll more dice for
damage, you roll even more dice for locations, and you roll still more
dice for critical hits.  Too much pointless die rolling for my likes.

The game components looks cheap, and there are no player aid sheets.
Which means if you don't want to have to dig through the rule book
evertime a critical hit is scored, you have to type up the critical hit
charts yourself (or memorize them).  The background for the counters are
too dark, so they don't look as colorful as they ought.  They are also
mounted on cheap cardboard.  The map is straight black with white
hexegons.  Even SFB has "color" maps that are much nicer to look at.

Don't fight the Mimbari.  The official point values are only correct if
the Mimbari player is stupid.  If he's smart, your going to pounded
scrap while only doing at most moderate damage in a "equal point value"
fight.

The fighters are too powerful compared to what you see in the show.

EarthForce is good "up close and personal" (short range).  The Centauri
are good at medium range.  The Mimbari are good at long range.	The
Narns aren't good at anything (so-so at everything).

That's B-5 Wars.

IAS

Prev: Re: Valiant Miniatures? Next: RE: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's