Prev: Re: Systems Next: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's

Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer

From: mehawk@c... (Michael Sandy)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:35:04 -0800
Subject: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer

> On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Jonathan Jarrard wrote:
> > Just out of curiousity, though, has anyone tried fielding larger
UNITS
> > of super-tanks vs. equal point value forces (ala Laumer's Dinachrome
> > Brigade)?
>
> We've played games with one super-tank vs. a conventional force of
equal
> points value, and it's truly a "death of a thousand cuts" for the
> super-tank. We figured that the number of guns on the conventional
side
> virtually guarantee that the super-tank will die.

I believe that a Super-tank unit would be excellent for a breakthrough
role, ie, incredible firepower concentrated on a small portion of a
front.	You simply couldn't put enough units into the line to stop it
without presenting a huge artillery target so you would have to defend
in depth.

In a breakthrough role, sure you could concentrate all your guns
on the supertank, but that reveals their position to artillery
and lets the supertank blow a hole through your line for less
armored tanks.

Michael Sandy

Prev: Re: Systems Next: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's