Prev: Re: Systems Next: Robotech Conversion (updated)

Re: Systems

From: Thomas Corcoran <tomnaro@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:15:46 -0800
Subject: Re: Systems

Donald Hosford wrote:

> One thing I have FINALLY noticed, is in the More Thrust book.  There
> is somethings missing!  I haven't gotten around to studying those ship
> diagrams until now...
>
> On page 23, the ship diagrams,
>   What is the circle with the black triangle supposed to represent?
>   It is found in the Strikeboat, and the Lancer.
>   The other symbol is found on the Privateer and Needle Cruiser ships.
> It looks like a filled in circle with a black line sticking out.
>
> Suggestion:  In ALL future versions of the game, please provide a
> "Master Symbol Chart" That listed every symbol ever used.

The circle and triangle combo is a Submunitions Pack.
The filled circle with the line is a Needle Beam.

Both weapons are facing specific and should point toward the proper
firing arc.

The symbols appear on page 30 of FT under Advanced Ship Design.

Someone generated a master symbol list a while back and put it on a
website, but I don't remember the URL.	Hopefully someone on the list
has a copy.  (I use a CAD prog to draw my ships and haven't done all the
symbols, yet.)

Prev: Re: Systems Next: Robotech Conversion (updated)