Prev: Re: DS II Figures Next: FT CAD (long!)

(Was: GZG - East Coast Convention...)

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 11:15:14 -0600
Subject: (Was: GZG - East Coast Convention...)

At approximately 1/17/98 9:48 PM,  Allan Goodall wrote:

>>	Yup, the very ones.  The tiny, 8-to-14-year-old runts with their
>>expensive pieces of cardboard. The spolied little brats who drag their
>>parents into the store and demand that they buy them $400 in booster
>>packs.
>
>HEY! You be nice to those little snotlings! I bought a bunch of Magic
>cards when they first came out. I haven't played the game in two years
>and decided to sell off my collection. I paid MAYBE C$150 for ALL the
>cards I bought for myself and my wife (and probably closer to C$100).
>So far about 2/3 of the set have sold, and we've made C$900 (including
>a big batch of commons I sold for C$40).
>
>So, be nice to those snotlings. It's not everyday that you can make a
>400% profit (and rising) on a 4 year investment (wish my mutual funds
>were doing this...).

I'll go along with Allan on this one.  Although I didn't make make a
400% profit, I did purchase a new laptop (three years ago) with the
proceeds of a sale.  Besides I've known met a number of people that
actually gave war gaming a try (miniatures at that) after trying
magic.	A few acquaintances have mentioned that their spouses gave
gaming a try through Magic.

Now, if only I had purchased more stock in WotC when I had the chance.
(Read this as I may be a little bit biased on Magic concerns because
I have financial interests in the company - but I try to be objective).

>Me? We have a dog. Miniature schnauzer, goes by the name of Arkham
>(nicknamed the Terrier of Tindalos). When I feel like overcompensating
>for leaving him home to defend the house (which he did admirably, last
>winter), I give him an extra biscuit and add 20 minutes to our walks.

Love the names Allan, showing a real sense of humor and class there.
Unless that is... he/she/it shows mild cthulhuian characteristics during

weird phases of astronomical conjunctions.

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Re: DS II Figures Next: FT CAD (long!)