Prev: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th Next: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS!

DS2 Missile Questions

From: tanker@b...
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:38:15 -0800
Subject: DS2 Missile Questions

In a recent DS2 scenario we had missile heavy forces on both sides. A
UNIT'S attack of 15 GMSH missiles almost always devasted its target (no
around). So, a few questions:

1) Can you fire GMSs with before/after a full move?

2) Can you fire GMSs if you move less than half your MP (or will move
less
than half)?

3) Are there any defensive terrain modifiers against GMS attacks (hull
down, woods, evasive move, etc.)?

Note: Andy Cowell's Web-based DS2 designer has powered armor elements
only
taking up 4 spaces, it should be 8 correct??

Thanks,

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@best.com

"If I had time...to study war, I think I should concentrate almost
entirely
on the 'actualities of war,' the effects of tiredness, hunger, fear,
lack
of sleep, weather....The principles of strategy and tactics...are
absurdly
simple: it is the actualities that make war so complicated and so
difficult, and are usually neglected by historians."

--FM Archibald Wavell to B.H. Liddell Hart (as quoted in "Frontsoldaten:
The German Soldier in World War Two" by Stephen G. Fritz.)

Prev: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th Next: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS!