Prev: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer Next: RE: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants

Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:50:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU wrote:

> I have both games, but haven't looked at them lately. One of the
> interesting concepts in HD was an Ogre-sized vehicle that carried
other
> tank units inside. Do you REALLY want that in DS II? ;->=

Maybe. It would be sort of interesting, although the PSB-rating would be
fairly high...and although such a vehicle would be dangerous, it would
also be a VERY BIG target, and very slow. Just get artillery onto it,
lots
of arty, and that's all, folks...

Sort of the ultimate APC...

Scenario idea: One or two of these uber-tanks vs. a force of infantry
and
on- and off-table artillery. I think the result would be a couple of
dead
uber-tanks...

The DS2 vehicle construction rules are, realistically, not kind to
enormous freak-vehicles, nor to mecha. By all means field them, if they
interest you, but I think an equal-point value combined arms force would
take them out...swarm tactics, if nothing else.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer Next: RE: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants