Prev: Re: Naval Intelligence Next: Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins

Re: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII)

From: Mike.Elliott@B...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 14:21:18 +0000
Subject: Re: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII)

You're right, it doesn't say what the burst area for deadfall ordnance
is.
The intention is that, as in DSII, DFO is equivalent to artillery fire.
would therefore suggest you use a radius of 4" or 6". The bombs with a
bigger burst radius should perhaps take up a bit more space on the
delivery
vehicle than the smaller ones.

Choose the warhead type from those listed on p46.

Jon T. do you agree?

Mike Elliott, GZG

____________________________
_____
Subject: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII)
Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
Date:	 13/01/1998 0:21

Sorry about this, but I've just realised I posted the question for
Dirtside
(which I know the result) instead of Stargrunt (which I'm learning).
Page
46 has the artillery type info but page 50 doesn't say what to use when
resolving DFO, it just gives rules for carpet bombing & stick bombing.

'Neath Southern Skies
Ortillery, rich man's artillery.