Prev: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction Next: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction

Re: Roles of various ship classes

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 15:30:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Roles of various ship classes

Michael Sandy wrote:

...Snip...(JTL)

> Specificly, what kind of ship was appropriately
> armed with Pulse Torpedos.

...Snip(JTL)

> A Kra'Vak escort should have all its weapons in one
> arc, a cruiser, 2 arcs, only a Capital ship would have
> all three arcs covered.
>
> Michael Sandy

Michael,
     The heavy cruiser you mentioned can be done at mass 36
W/ 2-PTorp, 2-Screen, 2- PDAF with current design rules.
(A minimum thrust of 5 is reccomended.)

     Check Brian Bells web page for the kra'Vak I have submitted
to see what a 'one arc ship' looks like.  (I was in an 'odd' mood
the day I did the designs.
     The 2-arc coverage will be difficult to work with unless one
changes the fire arcs to include a forward hemisphere arc of fire.
By including this in the game one could have a problem with the
'unreal' feeling of a ship that has four weapons that point
forward and can only fire 2 weapons to each side of dead ahead..
     Does the suggestion also apply to secondary (scatterguns)
weapons.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction Next: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction