Prev: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets Next: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets

RE: Hitting with B5 Beams

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:04:41 -0000
Subject: RE: Hitting with B5 Beams

On Monday, December 22, 1997 3:26 AM, Kelvin
[SMTP:kx.henderson@qut.edu.au]
wrote:
> I have a question about the beam weapons though.  I noticed that you
don't
> need to roll-to-hit with them.  You simply roll a D6 and subtract the
range
> mods.  Is this right?  At 6MU and less you auto hit with the suckers?

Yes - you auto hit / they have a 60 degree arc which makes them a little
more difficult to target, as in the show they rarely miss at close range
as
they
are Nearly Fast As Light weapons.

For shadows you could do the same but with no range mod :-/

BTW no answer on my cascade damage question, is in 'greater than' or
'greater
than or equal' for cascade damage? Rules say former, the rules example
the
latter.

sincerely
tim jones
--
Reality is for those who can't cope with Science Fiction.

Prev: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets Next: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets