Prev: Okay, now I've played and watched FT Next: Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT

Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:30:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT

Michael Sandy wrote:

> Well, I've now played and watched some more FT games
> in action.
>
> Basic lessons learned:
> 1)  If your only advantage is range and mobility,
> ie Escorts vs Bulk Tankers, don't close.  Don't
> let yourself be pressured by a time limit into
> attacking quickly in order to do more damage.
>
> 2)  When fighting several ships with the same firepower,
> concentrate all your firepower on the ship with the
> weakest defenses.  The only difference between some of
> the book heavy ships is how many shields and fighter
> groups they have.
>
> 3)  Everybody seems to have their own house rules for
> how exactly movement works, so make sure everybody
> agrees ahead of time.
>
> Michael Sandy

Good points, Michael.  I find it strange that the movement
rules are interpreted in multiple fashions.  I thought Jon
Tuffley's explanations and examples were adequate for the
task.  I guess this means more examples and more illustrations
for the third edition.

Jon

Prev: Okay, now I've played and watched FT Next: Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT