Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:07:41 +0100
Subject: Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

> >> Hey, in David Weber's Honor Harrington series, one of the things
> >> they use their ECM suites for is to stealth emissions.
>
> >Which book was that? [snip]
> >
> >Of course, the 3rd generation ECM system in Starfire has, among other
> >things, a cloaking ability, so Weber is obviously capable of
combining
the
> >two things into one gadget! :-)

>     I think he is confusing Webers Honor books with Webers "On Death
> Ground". In that book, the 1st contact ships had an ECM suite that
produced
> a "Stealth Field", Weber didn't use the term "Cloak". I think Weber
was
> distancing himself from anything ST.

OK.

"IN Death Ground" is set in the Starfire universe, and the ECM suite
used
by both sides is the ECM3 I mentioned above. I was one of the
play-testers
for the Starfire scenario monster which covers the war...

To me the difference between the Harrington books (which I read, but
don't
game) and the Starfire books (which I use as background stuff in
Starfire
design work) is blindingly obvious; I tend to forget that it isn't so
for
others :-(

Oerjan Ohlson
Starfire Design Studio

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: Cloaking, an alternate system