Prev: Another Version of Cloaking Next: RE: Another Version of Cloaking

Face to Face FT (was (Dumb question) Logistics in FT

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 97 10:23:16 -0600
Subject: Face to Face FT (was (Dumb question) Logistics in FT

 >>	Have you actually had an opportunity to
 >> play Full Thrust, either face-to-face or via e-mail?!? >

 > No, but I read a lot and followed all the position reports in the
first
 > Empress Arianna Tournament.	I really have no idea how easy or
difficult
 > it is to visualize where a ship will end up after what course.

 Sorry to hear that Micheal but your not the only one out there.  My 1st

 (and only) face to face games were at GenCon last year.  Most gamers in
my
 area are into RPGs and cheesy wargaming.  There was a group who still
used
 FASAs Star Trek Tactical Combat Simulator, but some of them were
designing
 ships with 8 warp nacelles and plasma torps - on Federation ships (I
won't
 tell you how they combined 2 Defiants to make 1 ultra powerful ship).
So
 I bided my time until I found this mailing list and then got into FT
PBeM,
 both playing and running.  Even with my limited real-life gaming
 experience I was able to win my 1st round game in Empress Arianna's 2nd

 Tourney.

 I can't blame it all on no opponent's though.	I seem to enjoy the
theory
 and understanding of games and designing ships more than actually
playing
 the games (though playing does help in the understanding).  Why else
would
 I be buying old space games I see advertised on the net? I know I won't
be
 playing any of them.

 Dean
 <dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com>

Prev: Another Version of Cloaking Next: RE: Another Version of Cloaking