Prev: Re: Assembling FSE carrier Next: SV: Cloaking, an alternate system

Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:32:21
Subject: Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

At 07:35 PM 12/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>> This makes very little sense. IMHO the idea of a cloak is to mask
all
>>> internal emissions and bend external emissions (i.e.. light, ect),
around
>>> the cloaked hull. ECM by current technology, is the emission of
false or
>>> jamming data. The ECM hardware should give a cloaked ship away, not
help it.

>Nope.	ECM will reveal the presence of a ship, but not it's location,
by
definition.  It overpowers the receiving equipment, including the
direction-finding portion.

	In the fleet we often use ESM (signal monitoring) to check our
own systems
for noise and ensure emmisions security.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Assembling FSE carrier Next: SV: Cloaking, an alternate system