Prev: RE: Big guns on small ships Next: Re: SSD miniatures

SSD miniatures

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:27:23 -0600
Subject: SSD miniatures

Looking over Brookhurst Hobbies web site, I noticed a manufacturer of
which
I'd never heard, called SSD.

Looking at the SSD list, I found plenty of historical and modern figs,
but
also a set of Starships that Brookhurst had subtitled as 'For Full
Thrust
Rules'.

As I said, never heard of these folks, but I was wondering if anybody on
the list had seen their products. The list had two fleets, a fairly
large
U-sylon(3 kinds of fighters, scouts, corvettes, ff, dd, cl, ce, ca, bc,
bb,
cve and fleet cv), and a much smaller Aurigan(dd, cl, ca, bb, dn and
cve)
fleets. Prices looked about standard until I got to the U-sylon fleet
carrier for $20US(*choke*).

Three questions come to mind:
1) Can anybody give reviews, either of their products in general or the
spaceships in particular?
2) Were these released under another name before?
3)Can Jon sue for the reference to his rules? ;->=
4)
Oh, FOUR questions come to mind:
4) Isn't the Aurigans somebody else's race already? Companion Games?

But of course, NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquistion!

The_Beast

P.S. As always, please forgive me if this has been covered previously
when
I wasn't looking.

Prev: RE: Big guns on small ships Next: Re: SSD miniatures