Prev: PBeM - Call for Players - Estrell Cruiser Duel Next: RE: Stargrunt TOE's/OB

Re: A Full Thrust Font for Ship Design? (OFF TOPIC)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:55:57 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: A Full Thrust Font for Ship Design? (OFF TOPIC)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Alun Thomas wrote:

> maxxon@swob.dna.fi wrote:
> > Linux doesn't count 'cuz it's free, eh?
> 'cuz its american (well, Unix is anyway - not sure about Linux itself)

Maybe, just maybe, you should check before you guess, eh?

Clipped from www.linux.org: "Linux is an operating system that was
initially created as a hobby by a young student, Linus Torvalds, at the
University of Helsinki in Finland."

> > What is extant anyway? "Still being used" or "still being sold"?
> Well, I'm not sure which Michael ment, but both are true of RISC-OS.

Yeah, but if it's the former, certain old legacy systems qualify.
And what's an OS anyway? Do e.g. digital phone switches count?

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: PBeM - Call for Players - Estrell Cruiser Duel Next: RE: Stargrunt TOE's/OB