Prev: Re: 3 arc cost Next: Point system ideas (was: RE: 3 arc cost)

Re: Tenders and stuff

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 05:18:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Tenders and stuff

ROBERTSON,Brendan wrote:

> Military tenders are exceedingly nasty.  If you run a comparison, a
> military tender gives about 2-3 times the firepower of having to use a
> civilian tender to carry your non-ftl escorts & cruisers into battle.
> The same applies to Q-Ship tenders, except they die easier.  I tried
> this when designing my Empress Ariana fleet & Jon turned it down. :(

In order for that design to be used in the tournament, I would have had

make some specific house rules describing the military tender and design
rules.	I would have had to give the other players time to evaluate and
implement any tender designs.  The easy option was to restrict the
tender
design to merchant hulls.

I can certainly reconsider for the next tournament.  I'll have plenty of
time to implement any new house rules.	The primary change will be
running the game under the Third edition rules.  That change alone
should
make for some very different fleet design changes.

Jon

Prev: Re: 3 arc cost Next: Point system ideas (was: RE: 3 arc cost)