Prev: Re: Earth Force Source Book Next: Re: 3 arc cost

RE: Tenders and stuff

From: "Haun, Gilles, SSG" <haung@E...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:05:19 -0500
Subject: RE: Tenders and stuff

Cargo space would strike me as being the primary set-back to this
design:  Warships are constructed for one purpose - war, FTL Tenders
carry and in some instances, repair other ships.  Warship designs aren't
supportive of carrying other ships essentially 'moored to it' like a
tender would, besides I think you best summed it up this way and
answered your own question about attaching it to a warship:

>"If Tender systems have to go on Merchant hulls, can
>they go on Q-ships?"

Gil
 Murphy's Laws of Combat #8
"If at first you don't succeed -