Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: 3 arc cost

Re: 3 arc cost

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:03:37 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: 3 arc cost

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, John Leary wrote:

> ...Snip...(JTL)
> it will
> > ultimately boil down to "I'm already paying 700 points for this
battleship,
> > and adding full arcs to all weapons is only X points more? Load 'em
up."
> ...(snip...(JTL)
> Mikko,
>      I hate to bring this up, but that is already the case with
> the average capital ship.

Eh, that's my point: The current system does not produce results
I'd like to see, thus IMHO it needs to be changed to include mass (or
work on a mass only bases -- heck, that's almost the case anyway, most
systems already follow the 3pts=1mass formula).

Should extra arcs take mass, it's not a question of simple throwing in
a few more points. It becomes a question of what you can fit in the
hull.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: 3 arc cost