Prev: Earth Force Source Book Review Next: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:53:48 -0800
Subject: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

Stuart Murray <smurray@aecom.yu.edu> wrote:

> Combat
>
> Pulse weapons = beam weapons, well almost.  Combat resolution with
these is
> almost identical to FT.  The only real difference is the incorporation
of
> the re roll.	If a weapon scores a '6' then if scores two damage AND
gets
> to roll again, a simple mechanism, yet effective, to represent over
> penetration damage.

Stuart,

    I nice review.

    One question I had reading it is does the reroll of a '6' only occur
on '6's on the first roll or if another '6' is rolled is it counted as 2
and rolled yet again?

    Also, I believe I have spotted an omission on the control sheets.
The EA Shepherd Starfury Transport does not show any starfury squadons
being carried.	I wonder how many it can carry, 1 squadron?

    Last, I wonder why the EA liner and freighter were given weapons.
Personally, I would not give them any.	Also, I'd give the freighter
only on drive unit.  These are just minor points in what looks to be
a good game.

    Next I'd love to see control sheets for other ships, Drazi, Vree,
and of course the White Stars, Vorlon, and Shadow ships. :-)  Does
anyone know if there are plans for other source books to include these?
Of players will come up with their own unoffical ones soon.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold			<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Earth Force Source Book Review Next: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review