Prev: Re: Address change Next: WSGS Tournament.

Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:26:47 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

I'm cutting this short as we actually agree on most things.

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> So both fleets hover at range 50 or so until they know what they're
facing?

No, they closed all right. It's just that the scanning attempts and
reciting
ship sheets (mostly the latter) took so much time... since it doesn't
*cost* anything to scan, they guys with the scanners were using them all

the time and bogging down play.

> With home-built ships, the need for bogey markers disappears - you
can't be
> sure what the target is anyway <shrug>

Err... never been a problem with us. We use any minis we like to
represent anything we think they might represent, though I *do* have a
bunch of Official(tm) FT minis.

> > Agreed. So it's 4 now?
>
> As suggested by both Jon T. and Mike E. on this list, yes.
>
> > How about the "3 arcs is the only thing that makes sense" problem?
>
> No quick patch for FTII, no.

Oh, I thought you were talking about how you're going to change it for
the Fleet Book. I was under the impression the FB would have the FTIII
design system (or at least an extremely close relative).

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Address change Next: WSGS Tournament.