Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: "Todd Mason" <tmason@n...>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 21:36:17 +1100
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

>     I must differ with you on that one, the chatter on the radio
>clearly indicated that the orginization was section, flight, and
>squadron.   The perspective of the movie was such that the heros
>section got all the air time (no big surprise there).	 All the
>other sections of skywalkers squadron were pretty much gone when
>Luke made the big attack.

Indeed, the formations were present, but they appear to function
individually or in pairs. In the same way that ww2 destroyers etc may be
grouped into squadrons/ flotillas. The star wars 'fighters' (at least
the
rebels) behave as significant components of the fleet.

And, as you point out, thge hereos need to get a significant proportion
of
'air time'.

Todd

Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts