Prev: Earthforce Sourcebook UK edition! - Reply Next: SV: SV: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

SV: Boarding Actions (was Capships)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 22:57:55 +0100
Subject: SV: Boarding Actions (was Capships)

Brendan wrote in reply to me:

> >A troop carrier can get an impressive 3.125 boarding factors per Mass
-
but
> >this doesn't account for the boarding pods needed, so drop it to 2
factors
> >or so per Mass of troop quarters for a dedicated boarding design.
>
> Oerjan,
> I would be interested in how you worked out your arithmetic.	The
> highest I could get was 0.6 boarding factors per mass, & that was with
> the DS/FT conversion from MT.

Sorry. It should've said "2 boarding factors per Mass allocated to troop
quarters."

The arithmetics are as follows:

* You can't have boarding troops in cryosleep; thus each man needs 4 CS.
* 4 men makes one boarding factor (p.7; depends a lot on your background
though).
* One Mass of troop area is 50 CS, ie 50/4 = 12.5 men or 50/16 = 3.125
boarding factors.

And since I dislike fractional men and the extra boarding pods should
take
some space too, I rounded it down to 2. Note that the boarding rules
_don't_ use the dropships described in the ground combat interface
section!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Earthforce Sourcebook UK edition! - Reply Next: SV: SV: What makes a Capital ship Capital?