Prev: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital? Next: The letter H (was: sub/unsub

Re: Fast Capitals

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:11:06 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Fast Capitals

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Jon Davis wrote:

> I don't understand the issue over rounding up and rounding down for
the
> amount of thrust points available for turning.  On page 6 of the Full
Thrust,
> second edition rules, column 1, paragraph 3, states that the thrust
available
> for changing course is one half rounded up.  The example of a thrust 5
> ship is given and it can change course up to 3 points per game turn.

You are correct. This was probably the first thing I changed in the game

so forgive me.

> Because of that reason, a thrust 3 on a Capital ship is very valuable
and
> worth the expenditure of the points.

Whether I *like* the "official" word is entirely another matter.

I do not like design systems where you strive for certain rounding
points.
And, in addition, this is (yet another) "that newbie was stupid enough
to take a book ship" rule.

I sincerely hope that this is either changed in the Fleet Book, or that
all the FB designs are smart enough to use odd thrusts.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital? Next: The letter H (was: sub/unsub