Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: Fast Capitals

Re: FT PBEM (was: Anti-missile defenses

From: "Beep?? Whaddya mean, 'beep'? I don't speak 'beep'!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 08:52:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT PBEM (was: Anti-missile defenses

>I wondered if anyone has played a PBEM game of FT in a day or less.  I

A day or less??

[faints]

*thud*

Well, I can see that it could be done, but *man*, you'd need to devote a
heck of a lot of time out of your day to it! the PBeMs we've been
running
have allowed you to not kill a whole day and still get in a good game.

>realise that not everyone has access to the web instantly available,
but
>I am sad enough to want to try a large battle with many players at some

>point in the not too distant future.

Good luck for day or less! The last big battle I ran went

>PBEM: SG2 or Dirtside
>Has anyone tried these as PBEM ?

I have given some thought to these, but I don't have the same in-depth
grasp on the rules as I do FT, and I think FT is easier to run overall
in PBeM. SG2/DS2 seem a leetle bit more abstract (esp SG2, when you can
reposition your individual units within a squad anyway you want within
certain parameters). I've had more progress at thinking through a PBeM
DS2 game, but haven't conquored doing the map bit yet.

Hey, wait....topo maps....lay a grid on a...I'll be back later. I
need to think about this...

Mk
-
Life is an ever swirling, sucking, eddy of dispair, which is filled with
moments of false hope in an ever blackening universe

Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: Fast Capitals