Prev: Re: sub/unsub Next: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

Re: Fast Capitals

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 05:32:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Fast Capitals

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, John Leary wrote:
>
> >	 Yes, I round odd points up for turning, but then everyone
> > in the group does this, and the person running the game agreed.
> > Do I have guilt feelings, not on your life.
>
> Guilt? Why should you, it's your game.
>
> The point I wanted to make that this rounding is (yet another) grey
area
> in the rules. However you interpret it is going to fundamentally
affect
> the way the game plays and how the point balance lies -- and you
> neglected to mention this house rule of yours. It appears we are
playing
> fundamentally a different game, so my experiences and analyzes are not
> very valid in your game, nor are yours in mine.
>
> Though I must say, given a rule like that, I'd probably only field
> odd-thrust ships. Turning is much more important than straight
> acceleration.

I don't understand the issue over rounding up and rounding down for the
amount of thrust points available for turning.	On page 6 of the Full
Thrust,
second edition rules, column 1, paragraph 3, states that the thrust
available
for changing course is one half rounded up.  The example of a thrust 5
ship is given and it can change course up to 3 points per game turn.

Because of that reason, a thrust 3 on a Capital ship is very valuable
and
worth the expenditure of the points.

Jon Davis
davis@albany.net

Prev: Re: sub/unsub Next: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?