Prev: What makes a Capital ship Capital? Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

Re: Fast Capitals

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:56:42 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Fast Capitals

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, John Leary wrote:

>      Yes, I round odd points up for turning, but then everyone
> in the group does this, and the person running the game agreed.
> Do I have guilt feelings, not on your life.

Guilt? Why should you, it's your game.

The point I wanted to make that this rounding is (yet another) grey area

in the rules. However you interpret it is going to fundamentally affect
the way the game plays and how the point balance lies -- and you
neglected to mention this house rule of yours. It appears we are playing

fundamentally a different game, so my experiences and analyzes are not
very valid in your game, nor are yours in mine.

Though I must say, given a rule like that, I'd probably only field
odd-thrust ships. Turning is much more important than straight
acceleration.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: What makes a Capital ship Capital? Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT