Prev: Re: Carrier and fighter questions Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: "Nathan" <njp@c...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 07:57:05 -0600
Subject: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

-----Original Message-----
From: John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>

>     The only time in the FT game I have been hit with a missile,
>it was my own fault.	If one wants to improve missile defences,
>fine, but lets talk about improving the missiles as well.

They're fast, cheap, almost impossilbe to stop and do a heck of a lot of
damage.  How would you change them further??

>     IMHO, (I just found out what that means), the missiles are
>in the game to prevent the Superduperdreadnought from sitting
>in the corner of the board and playing spinning top with an
>attitude.   Missile are reasonably useless against anything else.

I can see where that might be a problem, but most people that
I've gamed with move and move _fast_.  But I guess I can understand the
intentions
behind the missile rules.

>Bottom line, The missile defence is almost useless and so are
>the missiles, this is called play balance.

I've used missiles effectively and had them used effectively on me.

>Bye for now,
>John L.
>
>(I would be very pleased to have a game with the vast majority
>of people on the list, as most could show me a thing or four or
>five, but in most cases commuting would be hell!)

Try a little PBEM?

Later,
Nathan

Prev: Re: Carrier and fighter questions Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT