Prev: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT Next: Re: Carrier and fighter questions

Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: "Beep?? Whaddya mean, 'beep'? I don't speak 'beep'!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 21:16:08 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

>With all the talk about missile boats, I was wondering what others
thought
>about the current state of missile defenses.

Hate 'em, actually. Think they're too weak.

Played with a friend a year ago this past summer and we intro'd missiles
into the scenario for fun, just to see what they could do. The targetted
ships were unable to stop the missiles (when they couldn't dodge) and
got
seriously hammered. We discussed later that we thought missile defenses
should be boosted to kill a missile on a 4-6. But I'll go with the 5-6
thought presented earlier.

Haven't played around with using Interceptor fighters as anti-missile
defenses yet. Though I like the idea and think it has merit.

Mk
-
During the run-and-fight-and-run-again battle through this forest of
horror,
she is finally cornered. Her weapons have been left deep in the bodies
of the
slain or broken against the granite-hard scales of these snakes that are
not
snakes. Her stand to the death must be fought here. Though her only
weapons
are her hands and her deep and wide knowledge of the slayers, she does
not
fear them. They will die. Of this she is sure.

Prev: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT Next: Re: Carrier and fighter questions