Prev: Re: Submunitions questions Next: SV: Carrier and fighter questions

Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 16:08:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

Brendan, Nathan,
     I would suggest using advanced sensors to provide a bonus
on the 'To Hit' for missiles rather than ECM.	If missiles
become dangerous in a later edition (like they stop moving first)
then ECM could have a value to determine if a missile can detect
its intended target.
     To be dangerous the missiles must be concentrated, reducing
probibility of any hit.   Dispersed missile attacks have a higher
hit probibility but less damaged is caused by the salvo.
     If you want to reduce the chance of missile
damage by giving additional plusses to defence, I would suggest
simply removing missiles from your games.   Problem solved.
     Missiles are a means of encouraging the SDN w/3 screen crowd,
who likes to sit on the edge of the board and rotate, to MOVE!

     (Mass 40 BC W/10 missiles, you would be dog meat to 3 DDs.)

Thoughts from one who likes to MOVE!

Bye for now.
John L.

Prev: Re: Submunitions questions Next: SV: Carrier and fighter questions