Prev: SGII Question for Mike Elliot or Jon Tuffley.. Next: Re: Ship Creator WIn95/NT

RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:13:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

Yeah,

	Our game group added alot of systems and changed some rules to
deal with the one shot missile salvo "issue".  We borrowed the Expanding
Sphere Generator from Star Fleet Battles.  It's a weapon/defense system
that generates a 6" spherical energy "pulse".  Any unit (ship, fighter
group, missile) in range of the ESG when it goes off takes 1d6 damage.
Screens don't protect.	The ESG charges like the Wave gun and it's use
must be plotted.  It goes off AFTER all units have moved but before the
Fire phase.

	Another system we use is Bogey ECM and Bogey "missiles".  The
Bogey ECM allows a vessel to use a bogey marker of a different
designation
than the starship's hull type would normally use.  The Bogey "missiles"
are purchased before the game begins and start in play.  Missile fleets
usually have to scan a number of ships at long range before launching
their missiles.  These systems are fun to play with also because of the
guesswork involved.

	We allow ECM to jam incoming missiles.	We use the C batt rule
and
*DAF anti-missile rules also.  We've found that missile swarm fleets in
our games are used less often.	This is a good thing in my opinion.  I
like missiles, but too much of a good thing...

Pete

Peter Caron
pcaron@cris.com

"There is no nation on earth so dangerous as a nation fully armed, and
bankrupt at home."
			Henry Cabot Lodge

Prev: SGII Question for Mike Elliot or Jon Tuffley.. Next: Re: Ship Creator WIn95/NT