Prev: Submunitions questions Next: Re: cm scale

Re: Submunitions questions

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 18:04:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Submunitions questions

Micheal,
     I have always considered the sub-packs to be just another
weapons system functioning off the main FCS.

     If you have multiple FCS you can target equal to the number
of FCSs on the ship.

     Sub-packs vs fighters - Think of the sub-pack as a salvo of
unguided rockets against a large not very agile target.
(Me262 w/rockets vs B17)   The rules say this weapon is designed to
give a small craft the chance to damage a (screened) ship, this
infers that they could not or would not be used against fighters
as the fighters are far to agile to be hit with an unguided
rocket.

One shot fighter defences - My assumption here is that you refer to
Kra'vak scatterguns,  and the answer is: I know of no FT player who
has ever fielded a mixed tech ship.   If this is incorrect,
the answer is no.

Missiles - I think that I'll have to buy my missiles from your
dealer, yours are much better than mine!   It would be nice to
designate your target at launch, Yes.

The preceding has been an opinion, not a rule.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Submunitions questions Next: Re: cm scale