Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Scale - Units?

From: David Maslen <david@b...>
Date: 25 Nov 1997 07:14:23 -0000
Subject: Scale - Units?

I was just reading a post where the author was carefully refering
to range in units, rather than cm or inches. I quite like the fact you
can use whatever scale fits your table.

I was wondering. What game scale is a unit? Since thrust seems to be
between
2 and 8 units/turn, it should be possible to refer to that as a speed. I

guess you'd need to know how long a turn is. Do we know how long a turn
is?

How far is a unit (1cm or inch on the table)?
How long is a turn?
What rate of acceleration is 1 thrust unit?

It's nice you can play a game without worrying about this stuff though.

david..

--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 5pm - 1am

Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...