Prev: RE: FTL Mines Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Revision Numbers - summary

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:11:44 -0000
Subject: Revision Numbers - summary

Lots of confusion on revision numbers:

In computer programs I was referring to the revision numbers
used in program versions not the binary/hex of internal
instruction storage.

JT gave an answer on the why, and looking at his
recent posts uses FTIII.

If we follow a logical sequence it should be FT 1.3
that is the third edition of the first version of
full thrust, but I don't think its a sensible choice.

So in conclusion:

FT1/FTI   for Full Thrust first edition
FT2/FTII  for Full Thrust second edition
FT3/FTIII for Full Thrust third edition (your choice, some prefer the
former
as
					 ftiii is a little like a monty
python
					 film war cry 'niii' [sic])
FT-FB	  for the fleet book.

Prev: RE: FTL Mines Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...