Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: FTL Mines

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: Eric Fialkowski <erixlist@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 07:00:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

At 10:54 AM 11/24/97 +0200, you wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Tony Francis wrote:
>> you're making it harder to hit than a normal ship of mass 2. I've
>> experimented with Strikeboats of mass 3, thrust 8 carrying two
submunition
>> packs launched from carriers and costing 18 points - a legal FT
>> design.
>
>Actually, it isn't. If you're playing pure vanilla rules, you can't
have
>an odd mass hull. And techically, you'd need a FTL tender, not a
carrier.

>--
Actually, I have never seen a specific rule that prohibits odd mass
ships
in the rule book.  I think there should be, but I haven't seen one.  If
by
"pure vanilla rules" you mean just the FT rule book, then you're right
about needed a tender.	If he is using the hangar bay rules from MT,
then
he could effectively make a ship into a "carrier" by using hangars and
filling them with the strikeboat instead of dropships.

   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: FTL Mines