Prev: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 00:26:37 +0100
Subject: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

John Leary wrote:

>      If someone is closing to within 9 inches/cm of me, you can
> pretty much bet that they know every weapon I have by the time
> they close to within 12 inches/cm.

Except the needle beams <g> And when speeds climb to 40 and above, you
don't have much time to scan (or, indeed, see what weapons they fire -
since they don't).

>      Suggestion: Area ECM is -1 to scans and ship ECM is -2.
> This will give the ECM some value in the game.

Since the ECM currently gives a -1D6 rather than -1 or -2, I'm not
entirely
sure your suggestion is an improvement...?

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry