Prev: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: Re: SV: FTL Mines

Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:15:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

">My current usage for sensors is:
>Standard sensors, plus 0 to die roll, Range 60"
>Enhanced		1		    120"
>Superior		2		    240"
>Area ECM	  minus 1
>Ship ECM	  minus 2

This has some merit, as I find the sensors are a bit too short in
range. However I'd prefer to stick to the rules as written for my PBEM
program."

Check the rules again. (FT p.21)
Passive sensors range is 36"
Active sensors range is 54"
Yes this means that you can damage a ship that you cannot see if you
are using a Wave Gun or Spinal Mount Nova Cannon.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Prev: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: Re: SV: FTL Mines