Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: Toronto DS2 Players?

Assortment of Topics

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 03:06:38 PST
Subject: Assortment of Topics

1. Re last weeks dumb idea. Apologies if the numbers didn’t work out, it

was quick and poorly (well actually not) checked.

2. Gunboats. Nice idea, but I thought that is what small ships did
anyway?

3. Irregular miniatures. I have a little bit of experience with their
miniatures, so for what it is worth.
Do NOT but their old space ships, they are very poor. I have yet to see
the new ones but I am tempted. Their infantry is OK at best. Their tanks

are rubbish. This is based on a small but mixed sample some two years
ago. I would be very anxious about buying from them ever again. On the
tanks the first 1/300 armour I ever bought was from GZG so maybe I have
artificially high standards though I find H&R quite acceptable.

4. Infantry basing. I just base them as for Command Decision, then of
course my Swabain tanks look strangely like H&R Panthers… I use modern
and WWII figures and armour quite happily for SF.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: Toronto DS2 Players?