Prev: SV: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: cm scale

Re: Colony Critical Mass

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:41:41 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Colony Critical Mass

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Rob Paul wrote:

> years, and then intelligence arose in a fairly short time.  Perhaps
the
> intelligence of the locals might be in doubt- I recall finding (in the
early
> '70s) a disgusting reference in a children's encyclopaedia to the
extinction
> of the "near-human" Tasmanians.

Hey this reminds me.  I recall a sci-fi story where the humans find some
rather corpulent and disgusting lifeforms on another planet who played
in
their own feces and all that.  The humans wind up disliking them and
eventually causing their annihilation.	But it turns out that they were
great thinkers and philosophers... go figure.  Can anyone remember any
more detail about this one?

Prev: SV: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: cm scale