Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Changing ISP

Re: cm scale

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:12:02 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: cm scale

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, People who actually *do* things with their lives -
next time, on	   Geraldo! wrote:

> >Btw: Has anyone seen someone try out the "FTL-out suicide bombers"
> >strategy? I.e. take Mass 2, Thr8, FTL ships, start at max speeds
> >towards enemy. Order FTL out. Watch the enemy suffer. Mega-lame, but
> >think it could work in a competition.

 I played a game where micro carriers were allowed.  24 mass 12 micro
carriers all carrying Attack fighters.	Half unloaded at the beginning
of
the game then accelerated towards the enemy fleet and FTL'd when they
got
close, then the first wave of attack fighters swept through, then the
second wave of carriers launched and accelerated, FTL'd then the last
wave
of attack fighters, then the carriers that didn't ahve an FTL target the
first time had swung around and made another pass.  The carriers won
with
5 carriers left and 12 squadrons of fighters still viable.  Definitely a
cheese thing to do.  Culdn't do much about it unless you specifically
bann
this tactic since the opponent a) still had viable FTL ships on the
board
b) the fighters had a place to rearm and recover the pilots.

But I feel that such cheese tactics should not be allowed to become a
regular part of the game.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Changing ISP